Ngati Kahu Hauora (trading name) was established in 1996 as an Incorporated Society and is a Charitable Trust. Our vision is to be a leader in “Hauora Maori” in the Western Bay of Plenty and be recognised for high care, quality, and support. Dedicated to providing and delivering a “High-Quality Kaupapa Maori Health Services” and leadership to whanau, hapu, and Iwi development through the delivery of General Practice and Mental Health Services in an innovative and holistic approach (Maori Health – Te Whare Tapa Wha):-
Te Taha Hinengaro Mental Health – Inseparability of mind and body; expressing thoughts and feelings
Te Taha Whanau Extended Family Health – Wider social systems; belonging; sharing and caring
Te Taha Wairua Spiritual Health – Unseen and unspoken energies; faith and spiritual awareness
Te Taha Tinana Physical Health – Good physical health
Ngati Kahu Hauora supports:
– Improved health for Whanau, Hapu, Iwi, and the wider community.
– Reduce disparities by improving access to better health care for all people.
– Encourage collaboration and coordination amongst health and social service providers.
Ngati Kahu Hauora provides the following services:
– General Practice
– Whanau Ora Support Service – Health Promotion
– Kaupapa Maori Alcohol and Other Drug Support Service
– Koroua / Kuia Support Service
– Kaupapa Maori Respite Care Home – Waihekerangi Respite Care Home
– Intensive Drink Drive Programme