Ngāti Kahu Hauora (trading name) was established in 1996 as an Incorporated Society and is a Charitable Trust. Our vision is to be a leader in “Hauora Māori” in the Western Bay of Plenty and be recognised for high care, quality, and support. Dedicated to providing and delivering a “High-Quality Kaupapa Māori Health Services” and leadership to whānau, hapū, and Iwi development through the delivery of General Practice and Mental Health Services in an innovative and holistic approach (Māori Health – Te Whare Tapa Wha):-
Te Taha Hinengaro Mental Health – Inseparability of mind and body; expressing thoughts and feelings
Te Taha Whānau Extended Family Health – Wider social systems; belonging; sharing and caring
Te Taha Wairua Spiritual Health – Unseen and unspoken energies; faith and spiritual awareness
Te Taha Tinana Physical Health – Good physical health
Ngāti Kahu Hauora supports:
– Improved health for Whānau, Hapū, Iwi, and the wider community.
– Reduce disparities by improving access to better health care for all people.
– Encourage collaboration and coordination amongst health and social service providers.
Ngāti Kahu Hauora provides the following services:
– General Practice
– ACC Navigator Service
– Tāpiri Mai / Telehealth Service
– Whānau Ora Support Service – Health Promotion
– Kaupapa Māori Alcohol and Other Drug Support Service
– Koroua / Kuia Support Service
– Intensive Drink Drive Programme