Ngati Kahu Hauora is located in a suburban and semi-rural area in Bethlehem, Tauranga. This is within the Iwi tribal area of Ngati Ranginui, it’s hapu or sub tribe Ngati Kahu.
Ngati Kahu Hauora provides health services to whanau and hapu of Ngati Ranginui Iwi, Ngai Te Rangi Iwi, Ngati Pukenga Iwi and the wider community.
Ngati Kahu Hauora (trading name) was established in 1996 as an Incorporated Society and is a Charitable Trust.
The organisation has a demonstrated commitment to meeting it’s high needs population. Staff actively support each other and is complementary in their skills and knowledge to attain and deliver a high quality standard of health care.
“OUR PEOPLE COME FIRST”
We believe that by pooling resources together within the organisation and externally we strive to provide better, cost effective, efficient health care services for our communities.
To be a leader in “Hauora Maori” in the Western Bay of Plenty and to be recognised for high standard of care, quality and support. Dedicated to providing and delivering a “High Quality Kaupapa Maori Health Services” and leadership to whanau, hapu and Iwi development through the delivery of General Practice and Mental Health Services in an innovative and holistic approach (Maori Health – Te Whare Tapa Wha):-
Te Taha Hinengaro Mental Health – Inseparability of mind and body; expressing thoughts and feelings
Te Taha Whanau Extended Family Health – Wider social systems; belonging; sharing and caring
Te Taha Wairua Spiritual Health – Unseen and unspoken energies; faith and spiritual awareness
Te Taha Tinana Physical Health – Good physical health
Ngati Kahu Hauora supports:
– Improved health for Whanau, Hapu, Iwi and the wider community.
– Reduce disparities by improving access to better health care for all people.
– Encourage collaboration and coordination amongst health and social service providers.
Ngati Kahu Hauora provides the following services:
– General Practice
– Whanau Ora Support Service – Health Promotion
– Kaupapa Maori Alcohol and Other Drug Support Service
– Koroua / Kuia Support Service
– Kaupapa Maori Respite Care Home – Waihekerangi Respite Care Home
– Intensive Drink Drive Programme